LN DCG 200 S COM Lenovo Rack Servers – Technical Workshop
Duration: 2 days
This course includes information on the latest Lenovo DCG announcements as well as previous generation of Lenovo System x and ThinkServers.
This class is a workshop, where students get hands-on experience on real remote HW available during the course. You will be able to work on different Lenovo Rack servers including the latest ThinkSystem Server with xClarity Controller, System x Servers and ThinkServer Servers. You will become familiar with the latest technologies used in Intel servers, such as Purley, the latest 12Gb SAS RAID controllers, the latest DDR4 memory details, Network Virtualization by Emulex 10Gb Ethernet controllers and much more.
On rack servers you will use most useful tools for configuration, management and troubleshooting and became familiar with the ServeRAID configuration. You will also become familiar with all functionality of xClarity Controller, free and licensed features.
This course is intended for pre-sale technical personal and technicians, who provide hardware support for the Lenovo Servers, Install them and provide daily management.
Students will learn the following topics:
– Intel x86 Architecture new Purley platform
– DDR4 Memory, different Storage, I/O and Management options including latest xClarity Controller
– Lenovo DCG Enterprise portfolio of products
– ThinkSystem Servers – model overview
– Lenovo System x and ThinkServer – model overview
– Systems Management with xClarity Controller
– Lenovo Tolls for installation and management of ThinkSystem servers
– Problem determination using HW & SW Tools