LN DCG 200 DS COM – Lenovo DS-Series and V-Series Storage Technical Workshop
Duration: 3 days
This course is designed to cover Lenovo SAN Storage portfolio including ThinkSystem DS Series Storage (DS2200, DS4200 and DS6200) and V-Series Storage (V3700 V2, V3700 V2 XP and V5030)
Class is a workshop, where students get hands-on experience on real remote HW available during the course. You will be able to work on Lenovo DS Series Storage, V Series Storage and connect them using iSCSI and FC protocol using direct and switched connection to host from Lenovo Flex and latest Lenovo System x / ThinkSystem Servers.
This course is intended for technicians, who provide hardware support for Lenovo Storage Systems or plan to implement and manage that environment.
Students will learn the following topics:
– Lenovo DCG portfolio of Storage products
– Storage protocols (iSCSI, FC, SAS)
– Lenovo DS Series Storage System Overview
– DS2200 / DS4200 / DS6200 Architecture
– Lenovo SAN Manager
– Advanced features of DS Series Storage (Data Tiering, Thin Provisioning, SSD Cache, Rapid RAID Rebuild, Snapshot, Storage Pooling, Asynchronus replication)
– Lenovo V Series Storage System Overview
– V3700 V2 / V3700 V2 XP / V5030 Architecture
– Utilize Lenovo V-series management interfaces to support the networked storage environment, assign storage to servers, migrate data, replicate data across attaching storage systems, and monitor storage access activities
– Take advantage of storage efficiency solutions including Thin Provisioning, Volume Mirroring and Easy Tier, FlashCopy,..
– Migrate existing data to the virtualized Lenovo V-series environment