NGT53: Advanced Networking Implementation in IBM PureFlex System
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
IBM PureFlex Systems are fully integrated systems with unified management of compute, storage, networking, and virtualization resources that utilize built-in Patterns of Expertise based on IBM’s decades of experience and thousands of client deployments. It is built on elements of the IBM Flex System. IBM Flex System includes compute, storage, systems management, and networking components. These components are pre-configured and pre-integrated.
IBM Flex System offers intelligent, integrated, and flexible network architecture that can fit with your existing or future environment. These high performance Ethernet offerings coupled with on demand scalability offer an easy way to scale as IT requirements grow. IBM Flex System Fabric is:
Integrated: Helps manage discrete aspects of the data center as an integrated system through the built in management appliance.
Optimized: High performance scalable offerings with available 1 Gb, 10 Gb and 40 Gb uplinks allow easy integration with existing network. It also provides simple and cost effective scalability for future growth.
Automated: Automate provisioning and setup of both physical and virtual networks.
This course has been written to teach some of the advanced Ethernet networking concepts like Virtual Fabric, Unified Fabric Ports, Easy Connect and Hybrid Stacking. The course should also help students work with Fibre Channel over Ethernet to interconnect server and storage inside and outside the IBM Flex System environment.
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students can include anyone involved with the planning, installation, configuration, and upgrade of the IBM Flex System Networking products. This might include:
• Customers and IT consultants
• Technical IBM personnel
• Business Partner technical personnel
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Summarize the concepts involved in interacting with the IBM Flex Systemscalable switch elements and IBM System Networking RackSwitches
• Select the right I/O adapters for specific virtualization requirements
• Summarize the key advanced Ethernet features supported by IBMSystem Networking switches
• Design a highly available IBM Flex System environment using Stacking
• Design an easy to manage networking environment by understanding thedifferent methods to configure Easy Connect
• Design a virtual network infrastructure using IBM’s network virtualizationsolutions
• Design a converged network infrastructure using FCoE in the IBM FlexSystem environment