TV382: IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.1 Agent Builder
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: SEPTEMBER 2017
This course will teach you how to create custom agents for IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 using the Agent Builder application.
You will learn to create and test agents that can monitor a vast array of data sources, such as WMI, Perfmon, SNMP, JMS, commands, scripts and log files.
You will also learn to add custom TEP extensions, such as queries, situations, and workspaces, to a solution install package that can be used to deploy your custom agent in a multi-platform environment.
This expert course is for system administrators who need to create agents to gather custom data.
You should have:
– Basic understanding of Windows data sources, including WMI, Perfmon, Windows logs, Windows services, and Windows processes
– Basic understanding of multi-platform data sources, such as SNMP, JMX, processes, scripts, commands, and log files
– Administrator level skills in ITM 6.2, including creating queries, situations, Navigators, and workspaces
– Experience installing, configuring, starting and stopping ITM 6.2 agents and application support in Windows and UNIX/Linux
– Administrator level skills in Windows and Linux
When you complete this course, you can perform the following tasks:
– Describe the ITM 6.2 Agent Builder application and the kinds of agents you can create
– Describe the basic process of creating a custom agent with Agent Builder
– Create and test agents that monitor Windows-only data sources, such as:
– Windows Services
– Windows Log files
– Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
– Windows Performance Monitor (perfmon)
– Create and test agents that monitor multi-platform data sources, such as:
– Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
– Java Management Extensions (JMX)
– Log files
– Create and test agents that include:
– Custom attributes and Navigator groups
– User-entered and system-generated configuration information
– TEP components, such as custom queries, situations, and workspaces
– Value-add solutions for existing agents
– Create a solution install package
– Troubleshooting an Agent Builder agent during the development process and after installation