TV372: IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 Historical Reporting and Data Collection
DURATION: 1 day
SCHEDULED DATES: JUNE 2017
IBM Tivoli Monitoring provides powerful tools for collecting data, displaying short-term history reports, and uploading data to a relational database for long-term storage, summarization, and report generation.
Through a balance of lectures and hands-on exercises, you will learn how to install, configure, and use the historical data collection and reporting components, including the Tivoli Data Warehouse. Significant time is devoted to planning and sizing data storage requirements.
The primary audience for this basic course is the system administrator or implementer tasked with setting up and managing the collection of historical data. Deployment specialists would also benefit from this course.
– For those new to ITM, the IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 Introduction WBT.
– For those experienced with ITM, the IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2 Differences WBT.
All participants should take the ITM for Operators classroom course and the ITM for Administrators course. The ITM for Implementers course would also be beneficial.
– You must be familiar with monitoring in the IT environment and how to use ITM.
When you complete this course, you can perform the following tasks:
– Plan a Tivoli Data Warehouse solution, addressing capacity issues.
– Install the historical data collection and reporting components.
– Configure historical data collection.
– Configure for summarization and pruning.
– Report historical data