TS615: IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.4 Implementation and Administration
DURATION: 5 days
IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.4, formerly known as IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility through the use of object-based data management and policy driven retention.
This five day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a Spectrum Protect environment. The hands-on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2012 environment. The course materials includes examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from windows.
This self paced lecture and exercise-based course is for implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect/Tivoli Storage Manager data management.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
• Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
• Use the administrative and client interfaces
• Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pool
• Managing the database and recovery log space
• Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
• Optimize client configuration
• Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
• Organize daily tasks required to protect the Spectrum Protect environment
• Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events