SS28: TS3500 Tape Library Architecture and Implementation – Open Systems and System z
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
This course covers the architecture and implementation of the IBM System Storage TS3500 Tape Library with Linear Tape-Open (LTO) drive and Enterprise tape drive (TS1100) for open systems and IBM mainframe environments.
This course is intended for anyone who would like to understand more about the general LTO and TS1100 technology specifications and their evolution, as well as the IBM implementation and management of these technologies associated to IBM System Storage TS3500 library for open systems and IBM mainframe.
This course is applicable for IBM clients, IBM Business Partners, IBM specialist sales representatives, and technical specialists.
Students should have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows or IBM AIX operating systems, or both.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Understand IBM tape solutions in open systems and IBM mainframe environments
• Identify tape solutions using IBM TS3500 Tape Library
• Understand the need for encryption
• Set up and configure IBM TS3500 Tape Library
• Share IBM TS3500 Tape Library using Advanced Library Management System (ALMS)
• Manage IBM TS3500 Tape Library in day-to-day operations
• Attach open systems host to IBM TS3500 Tape Library
• Attach mainframe host to IBM TS3500 Tape Library
• Understand how to manage performance