SS01: Introduction to Storage
DURATION: 3 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – APRIL 2017
This is an exciting time to explore storage. Big data analytics, mobile and social applications are creating alot of data. Data stored in your data center or the cloud, needs to be delivered, managed and retained. Optimizing data storage reveals insights to deliver competitive advantages.
IBM Spectrum Storage, Virtualization, High Availability and the Cloud are areas to explore.
SS01 is a foundational course for the IBM Storage course portfolio. This course will cover foundation elements of storage concepts as well as the majority of the storage products that IBM offers. RAID, SAN, NAS and network connectivity
are discussed. High Availability and business continuity are also covered. Virtualization with Storage is discussed with benefits and migration
topics. We will discuss the IBM family of disks, tape systems, the SAN Family with storage solutions for the Cloud.
Last we will cover details on the IBM Spectrum family, Tivoli Storage Products, and the new DS8880 Disk system.
There are no labs for this course.
Learning Journeys or Training Paths that reference this course:
IBM Spectrum Accelerate
IBM Flash Systems
IBM Enterprise Storage
IBM Storage Solutions
Participants of this course will include personnel who have the desire to learn about storage and IBM related storage products.
Differentiate between disk based solutions and storage connectivity
• Summarize the various non disruptive backup options
• Clarify the advanced data reduction techniques
• Distinguish between the storage disk offerings and the benefit they provide.
• Differentiate between the tape library solutions and ProtecTIER
• Summarize the various SAN solutions
• Differentiate between TPC, VSC, SCSA, and ICM
• Provide benefits and components on questions related to Spectrum Storage Family
• Summarize the licensing options of the DS8880