SSA0: IBM XIV Technical Training
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: APRIL 2017
This course is designed to present the IBM XIV Storage System Gen3, including its hardware components and the cabling concept.
This course also provides information on how to prepare, install, configure, and initialize the IBM XIV Storage System Gen3.
It describes the steps to follow for the configuration of an IBM XIV Storage System and provides information about setting up, installing, configuring, and working with the three features that assist with Copy Services: snapshot, volume copy, and remote mirror.
This course describes the specifications, features, and components for the server operating systems that can be associated to the IBM XIV Storage System.
This course covers also data migration concepts. Students will learn how to plan, configure, and perform an XIV data migration.
All personnel who are concerned with the planning, installation, configuration, and management of the IBM XIV Storage System.
Student should understand the concepts and terms used to deploy a storage area network (SAN), iSCSI protocol and disk volume management for AIX, Linux and Windows.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Summarize the XIV architecture, management tools, configuration, host attachment and replication options
• Classify the hardware and software of the XIV Storage System as well as the host connectivity options
• Recognize the operations that can be performed with the XIV GUI and CLI
• Classify the XIV implementation configuration components
• Summarize the concept of the Fibre Channel Protocol from both the storage system and host point of view
• Summarize the concept of the iSCSI from both the storage system and host point of view
• List the various XIV copy functions suited for data protection
• Classify the XIV remote mirror concepts and features
• Recognize the planning and implementation associated with data migration