LX15: Linux Jumpstart for UNIX System Administrators
DURATION: 4 days
SCHEDULED DATES: SEPTEMBER 2017
This course will enable you to transfer your generic UNIX system administration skills to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES), and Fedora Linux.
Any UNIX System Administrator who is responsible for the implementation and system administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES).
Experience as a UNIX System Administrator and UNIX TCP/IP network administrator including TCP/IP configuration, routing, and networking software such as DNS and NFS.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Discuss the history of Linux
• Perform a network and automatic installation
• Use Linux online documentation
• Understand and manipulate Linux startup and shutdown flow
• Identify system administration tools
• Identify and use utilities to install and update software packages
• Identify and use common Linux block devices
• Describe, create, and use Linux file systems
• Create and manage Linux users and groups
• Learn common troubleshooting methods
• Describe and use memory management utilities
• Describe and configure virtualization