OS18: IBM Power Systems and IBM i – V7R1 Update
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
This course enables the students to acquire the skills necessary to prepare for installing and leveraging the new function of IBM i 7.1 on POWER6 and POWER7 systems.
The emphasis is on the hardware and software components introduced during the 2010 – 2013 announcements of POWER7 Systems and IBM i 7.1.
This course is intended for existing IBM i administrators, users, and support personnel.
The following are recommended prerequisites:
• Basic understanding of Power Systems with IBM i architecture
• Basic understanding of the support available in a current release of IBM i
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the new models of POWER7 Systems
• Describe the new enhancements to IBM i 7.1 software release
The contents include the following:
• Overview of enhancements to IBM i 7.1
• POWER7 upgrade planning
• POWER7 upgrades
• Upgrading to IBM i 7.1
• Technical refresh updates
• DB2 and Web Query enhancements
• PowerHA and availability enhancements
• PowerVM and virtualization enhancements
• Systems management
• Application development