OL51: iSeries Recovery and Availability Management
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
This course explains how to plan for, implement and manage the ongoing operations of the system. Emphasis is on system availability, backup and recovery, system software management and problem determination. You will also be introduced to the architecture and terminology of the iSeries.
This course is designed for IT managers and their staff who are responsible for:
– implementing a backup and recovery plan and system availability
– performing system backup and recovery
– installing and maintaining system software
– problem determination
This course is not recommended for operators but students must have attended the System Operators’ Workshop.
Before attending this course the student should be able to:
– navigate a Windows based PC
– use iSeries commands and have a sound knowledge of system operations
The system operations skills can be obtained by attending the iSeries System Operator Workshop (OL29/S6129 or AS24/S6229). This course is a mandatory prerequisite for this class.
After attending this class, the student should be able to:
– Describe iSeries problem determination and resolution techniques
– Describe how to manage PTFs
– Describe the features, functions and benefits of the iSeries relevant to availability and recovery.
– List the elements of a security plan and a backup and recovery plan
– Perform many of the activities using iSeries Navigator