OL50: iSeries Security Concepts and Implementation
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
This course explains how to plan for, implement and manage the ongoing operations of the system. Emphasis is on security. You will also be introduced to the architecture and terminology of the iSeries.
This course is designed for IT managers and their staff who are responsible for:
– designing a security plan for the iSeries
– implementing and managing security
This course is not recommended for operators but students must have attended the System Operators’ Workshop.
Before attending this course the student should be able to:
– navigate a Windows baded PC
– use iSeries commands and have a sound knowledge of system operations
The system operations skills can be obtained by attending the iSeries System Operator Workshop (OL29/S6129 or AS24/S6229). This course is a mandatory prerequisite for this class.
After attending this class, the student should be able to:
– Describe the features, functions and benefits of the iSeries relevant to security
– Describe the security requirements or your iSeries
– Identify the system security features that satisfy your requirements
– Describe and use the features and facilities of the iSeries available to audit security
– List the elements of a security plan
– Perform many of the activities using iSeries Navigator