AS5B: HA and Implementing Clusters on IBM i
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
The purpose of the class is to teach students how to IBM i clusters, geographic mirroring, and copy services to make an IASP highly available. In addition, students will learn many techniques to manage an IBM i cluster high availability environment.
This is an intermediate technical course for systems programmers and administrators who are considering high availability options for their IBM i environment.
The student should have completed the two-day IBM IASP course, AS5A. The student should have an understanding of the IBM i concepts in areas such as system security, application implementation, system operations, work management, and communications.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the different availability options using clusters and IASPs
• Create a cluster
• Make an IASP highly available with geographic mirroring
• Practice switchover and failover operations.
• Explain the management considerations for systems in a cluster.
• Describe the use of Advanced Copy Services service offering with PowerHA