AS5A: Implementing IASP on IBM i
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
The purpose of the course is to teach students how to create and use IASPs in a variety of application environments. Many typical application functions will be demonstrated through lecture and hands-on exercises.
This is an intermediate technical course for systems programmers and administrators who are considering using an IASP for their IBM i environment.
The student should have an understanding of the IBM i concepts in areas such as system security, application implementation, system operations, work management, and communications.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Name the types of objects that can be placed in an IASP
• Describe the methods used to access information in an IASP
• Create an IASP
• Use an IASP to support a variety of application functions
• Manage a system with IASPs
• Describe the different availability options using clusters and IASPs