AN72: UNIX / AIX User Essentials
DURATION: 2 days
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
This course enables students to perform the essential everyday tasks working in an AIX operating system environment.
This course is suitable for anyone who requires the essential AIX user skills. This course and the follow-on advanced user skills course are prerequisite for students who plan to attend the AIX System Administration courses.
Students attending this course should be familiar with basic information technology (IT) concepts and the role of an operating system.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
– Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
– Use AIX online documentation
– Manage AIX files and directories
– Describe the purpose of the shell
– Use the vi editor (including command retrieval and modification)
– Execute common AIX commands
– Manage process standard input and output (including use of pipes)
– Customize the working environment
– Introduction to using the AIX system
– AIX documentation
– Files and directories
– Using files
– File permissions
– The vi editor
– Shell basics