QZ002: Implementing Cloud Manager with Openstack on Power Systems
DURATION: 3 days
SCHEDULED DATES: DECEMBER 2017
This course describes the concepts and implementation details to install, configure, and implement the IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack as a cloud management solution managing a private cloud based on IBM PowerVC. The virtualized Power Systems-based environment consists of Linux on Power virtual machines.
The course topics cover planning for the Cloud Manager with OpenStack installation, customizing the environment, management, and using the self-service portal to capture and deploy virtual machine images. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture and give the students the experience of installing and configuring IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack on a Power Systems-based environment.
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include personnel involved with implementing, configuring and managing a cloud infrastructure using IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack on Power Systems.
Technical IBM personnel
Business Partner technical personnel
IT consultants and architects
Anyone with interest in understanding OpenStack
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Recall the role of OpenStack within a cloud implementation
• Recall the role of Chef within a cloud implementation
• Describe the major functions of the IBM Cloud Manager with the OpenStack product
• Recall the planning steps to implement IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack managing a PowerVC virtualized environment
• Execute select administration tasks on IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack using the dashboard
• Recall and execute tasks with images and instances