F239G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1 – Workflow Design Essentials
DURATION: 1 day
SCHEDULED DATES: TBD – Contact Us for more Information
This course trains:
• The skills that are needed for planning, designing, creating, testing workflow solutions in a development environment.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Create a workflow definition using Process Designer.
• Use workflow properties and step parameters in a workflow definition.
• Build simple and complex expressions to calculate property values and direct work.
• Use a variety of step types to build a workflow definition.
• Use subscriptions to launch workflows automatically from an initiating attachment.
• This course is for workflow authors who are responsible for planning, designing, creating, testing workflow solutions in a development environment.
• Familiarity with Windows 2008 operating systems.General knowledge of P8 Platform security concepts.
• General workflow terminology:
o Workflow definitions
• Start a P8 Platform system.
• Familiarity with P8 Platform administration interfaces, including:
o Administration Console for Content Platform Engine
o IBM Content Navigator
o Process Configuration Console
o Process Designer
Create a workflow definition
Configure workflow properties
• Add workflow properties to a workflow definition
• Add step properties to a step
• Validate and launch a workflow
• Identify system fields.
Explore workflow step types
• Select step types for a scenario
• Use system steps in a workflow
• Use Expression Builder
• Build expressions to calculate property values
• Assign property values
Launch workflows with subscriptions
• Create a workflow that launches from an initiating attachment
• Create a workflow subscription that automatically launches a workflow.
• Map properties from a document to workflow data fields.